Hopewell Trails is operated on the 3000ha Hopewell Conservation Estate, located 20 min on the western outskirts of Port Elizabeth.
The nature reserve is stocked with indigenous game with over 160 bird species. The landscape is diverse ranging from grassy fynbos, open savannah plains and sub tropical thicket valleys. Two perennial rivers traverse through the property.
The property is the largest privately owned and secure nature reserve catering for Mountain Biking and Trail Running in the Port Elizabeth area.
2. The Trails
There is 60km of purpose built trails catering for all degrees of competence for Mountain Biking and Trail Running enthusiasts.
- Tortoise Trail - 600m (kids trail, ideal for learning to ride or for kids parties)
- Orange Trail - 7km (a gentle trail for the beginner)
- Blue Trail - 18km (for the intermediate or social user, ideal for trail running distances)
- Green Trail - 40km (a trail with distance and some technical sections for the fitter and adventurous)
- Yellow Trail - 50km (for the advanced user, with big climbs and descents with lots of technical sections)
- Red Trails - 60km (these are sections off the yellow and green trail only for advanced skilled users)
3. The Club House Venue
The trails begin and end at the Hopewell Trails Club House. The venue is a charmingly converted stable with the following amenities
- Bike Shop (stocked with emergency supplies)
- Coffee Shop (coffee and tea, Hot Chocolate, cold drinks, beers, snacks)
- Kids Play Area (jungle gyms)
- Tortoise Trail (600m Kids trail in front of the club house, where parents can keep a watchful eye)
4. Operating Times
The trails are open 7 days a week
Opening Summer 05h00
Closing Summer 19h00
NOTE – use of trails at night can be organized by prior arrangement
5. Terms and Conditions
- All persons using the trails are required to sign an indemnity form
- No helmet no ride.
6. Contact Details
Mobile 076 752 5460
Mobile 083 342 8306